In preparation for my upcoming Learn OmniFocus workflow session, I’ve been steadily working on updating my existing set of OmniFocus Plug-Ins. Here is a summary of the updates for the month of February, with even more coming down the pipeline in March.
Newly Released OmniFocus Plug-Ins
Open URL From Note (v 1.4.1)
I released this new plug-in which opens URLs from notes, and allows the user to choose the behaviour for OmniFocus links. I’ve assigned this to ⌥ + U and use it all the time! Extra tip: if you need to open certain links in different browsers or applications, check out OpenIn (which is included as part of a SetApp subscription).
Agendas (v 1.7.0)
This plug-in was commissioned by another OmniFocus user, and allows for the management of ‘event’ and ‘agenda’ tasks. Tasks can be added to the ‘Agenda’ for another ‘event’ task, and once that event task is completed the user is prompted to process its agenda items.
Other Plug-In Updates
As well as the changes called out below, a number of actions across all of my plug-ins have had their validation updated so that they are always available, where previously they could only be run while nothing was selected. This is a result of the new ‘Show Action in Share Sheet’ preference that is available in the exciting new OmniFocus 4 beta.
Reorder Tags (v 3.0.1)
I released v3 of the ‘Reorder Tags’ plug-in, which contains a number of improvements:
- A ‘Reorder Tags for All Tasks’ action has been added, along with a Keyboard Maestro macro to run this action intermittently.
- The performance has been dramatically improved once tags are already in order. Although the action may take a few minutes to run on the entire database the first time, it should run much quicker subsequently.
- There is now a ‘Preferences’ action for configuring any ‘first’ or ‘last’ tags; if that is relevant to your set-up this will replace the previous config file that needed to be manually edited.
It also fixes a bug from previous versions where ‘on-hold’ tags were not considered in the tag order.
Templates (v 1.16.1)
On-hold templates are no longer shown in the ‘Create From Template’ drop-down menu. They can still be used to create templates programatically, e.g. by using other plug-ins.
A couple of other bug fixes:
- Previously, active projects inside dropped folders (e.g. the templates folder!) were shown in the destination list for the ‘Create from Template’ menu. These are now excluded from the list.
- Templates that were ‘on-hold’ are now made active after creation, where in some cases they weren’t previously.
Defer Tags (v 3.3.1)
A Keyboard Maestro macro for updating deferred tags was added to the repo, and a bug (that caused errors if a previously-scheduled tag had been deleted) was fixed.
Move to Action Group (v 3.1.1)
A couple of bugs were fixed, and a new ‘Go To Last Moved’ action was added.
Synced Preferences (v 4.7.2)
- The view resulting from the ‘Go To Synced Preferences’ action in the Synced Preferences plug-in has been improved.